Monday, July 6, 2009

Recipe: Feta, Roasted Pepper and Basil Muffins

Oops -- I've been so busy posting other stuff that I've forgotten to mention the superlative food we've had at the last few dinners.

These muffins, which I fixed on the fly two Thursdays ago, were a big hit. I found the recipe in one of my trusty Sur la Table cookbooks, although you can get it right here.

With feta in my fridge and basil growing in the backyard garden, I had all the ingredients already on hand -- except for the buttermilk, which I made myself, dumping a spoonful of vinegar (a squeeze of lemon juice will also do the job for you) into a glass of regular ol' two percent.

I also substituted a mini-muffin pan, and, using a cookie dough sized ice cream scoop, got nearly 36 muffins using just one batch of batter. Mmm, good!

No comments:

Post a Comment